A product of the Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, the Jio Sim is nowadays one of the best service provider of 4G services in India. The Jio Sim was launched in the last 2 years and blew all its competitors out of the picture in terms of affordable 4G services and unlimited calling.
The Reliance Jio Sim is destroying its competitors with super affordable sim plans of:
- INR 408 for 2 months of Unlimited Calling + 1GB per day and
- INR 498/- for 3 months of Unlimited Calling + 1GB per day.
The current plan I have with Airtel is of Rs 499/- per month( exclusive of Tax) which includes unlimited calling but 3GB of 4G internet for 1 month. In the next 3 months I would end up spending INR 1500 +Taxes to get 9GB of 4G internet and unlimited calling. In the same 3 month period I am also getting Jio services of 90GB 4G internet (1GB per day for 90 days-3 months) + unlimited calls in just 1/3rd price.
Read below to find more convincing facts about why we should switch over to Jio Sims ASAP.
About Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, or Jio, is an LTE mobile network operator in India. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra that provides wireless 4G LTE service network (without 2G/3G based services) and is the only ‘VoLTE-only’ (Voice over LTE) operator in the country which lacks legacy network support of 2G and 3G, with coverage across all 22 telecom circles in India.
The 4G services were launched internally to Jio’s partners, its staff and their families on 27 December 2015. Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, who is also the brand ambassador of Jio, kickstarted the launch event which took place in Reliance Corporate Park in Navi Mumbai, along with celebrities like musician A R Rahman, actors Ranbir Kapoor and Javed Jaffrey, and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani. The closed event was witnessed by more than 35000 RIL employees some of whom were virtually connected from around 1000 locations including Dallas in the US.
The company commercially launched its services on 5 September 2016. Within the first month of commercial operations, Jio announced that it had acquired 16 million subscribers. This is the fastest ramp-up by any mobile network operator anywhere in the world. Jio crossed 50 million subscriber mark in 83 days since its launch. Jio crossed 100 million subscribers on 22 February 2017.
In September 2016, Jio signed a pact with BSNL for intra-circle roaming which would enable users of the operators to use each other’s 4G and 2G spectrum in national roamingmode. In February 2017, Jio announced a partnership with Samsung to work on LTE – Advanced Pro and 5G.
Products and Services
- JioPhone : On 21 July 2017, Jio introduced its first affordable 4G Feature phone named as JioPhone. The price announced for JioPhone is ₹ 0 with a security deposit of ₹ 1500 which can be withdrawn back by the user by returning the JioPhone at Jio stores only after 3 years. This phone is scheduled to be released for beta users on 15th August 2017 and pre-booking for regular users will start from 24th August 2017 onwards.
- 4G Broadband : The company launched its 4G broadband services throughout India on September 2016.The company has a network of more than 250,000 km of fiber optic cables in the country, over which it will be partnering with local cable operators to get broader connectivity for its broadband services. Jio will also serve as a TV channel distributor and will offer television-on-demand on its network.
- LYF Smartphones : In June 2015, Jio entered into an agreement with domestic handset maker Intex to supply 4G handsets capable of voice over LTE (VoLTE).However, in October 2015, Jio announced that it would be launching its own mobile handset brand named LYF.
- Jionet WiFi : Prior to its pan-India launch of 4G data and telephony services, Jio has started providing free Wi-Fi hotspot services in cities throughout India.
- JioFi : Jio has also launched Wi-Fi routers by the name JioFi.
- Affordable 4G phones : Reliance Jio has teamed up with Google to manufacture affordable 4G handsets. These phones will run exclusively on Jio network. Thetwo companies are also working on developing a software for smart-TV services. Both are expected to launch in 2017.
- Jio apps : In May 2016, Jio launched a bundle of multimedia apps on Google Play as part of its upcoming 4G services. While the apps are available to download for everyone, a user will require a Jio SIM card to use them. Additionally, most of the apps are in beta phase. Following is a list of the apps
MyJio – Manage Jio Account and Digital Services associated with it
JioTV – A live TV channel service
JioCinema – An online HD video library
JioChat Messenger – An instant messaging app
JioMusic – A music player
Jio4GVoice (earlier JioJoin) – A VoLTE phone simulator
JioMags – E-reader for magazines
JioXpressNews – A news and magazine aggregator
JioSecurity – Security app
JioDrive – Cloud-based backup tool
JioMoney Wallet – An online payments/wallet app
JioSwitch – Transfer content
JioNet – Connect to JioNet Wi-fi
All these above pointers give us more convincing facts about why it’s the right time to switch over to Reliance Jio.